Monday, December 20, 2010

Bag lady

Jacquie and I finally went out in celebration of her birthday, which was last month. Which is ridiculous. But we're both busy, especially in December, so whatchagonnado?

It was a lovely evening full of beer and delicious sushi (except for that lukewarm eel. Ick.), and we did make our way back up the stairway to heaven for a tasty microbrew (did you think we wouldn't?).

All was right with the world.

And I mean that.

For I noticed a troubling pattern earlier in the day. For the second time in less than 2 months, I left my purse in the empty shopping cart of a store parking lot and drove away.  Both times sushi with Jacquie was on the nightly agenda.

Weird, isn't it?

Troubling is more like it.

What is my problem? Early dementia? An abundance of blond highlights? A subconscious need for complications? Some sort of sushi anticipatory memory loss?

It's such a hair-brained maneuver. But I've been incredibly lucky both times. Full recovery of purse, with nary a thing missing.

And let me tell you, there is plenty to go missing:

Two tissue packets, 1 credit card wallet, 1 overflowing regular wallet, 1 snack bag of slightly crushed Cheddar bunnies, 1 empty pill bottle, 1 pair sun glasses in hard case, 1 holiday dance performance schedule, 1 emergency tampon case, 1 mini Old Spice deodorant, 1 camera in case, 1 reusable bag, 1 half-stocked mini first aid kit, 1 iphone charger, 1 pen, 1 hairbrush, 1 pretty bag containing all matter of stuff (tape measure, toothbrush, mascara, Tide to-go stick, sunscreen packets, hand wipe, and moisturizer), 4 Emergen-C fizzy drink mix packets, 1 sticky pad, 1 comb, and some dual head something that plugs into something.


All of this could have been someone else's.....

Yeah, I agree, it's no wonder no one took the purse.

5 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I *love* that you start the litany of your purse's contents with "two tissue packets".

And I love "hair-brained maneuver". I guess you should make that "blond highlighted hair-brained maneuver"?

And if I get to choose one person to be stranded on a desert island with? It would be you.

xxEllie

Anonymous said...

What became of the baloney sandwich?

Logical Libby said...

Well, now I know what's at the end of the rainbow...

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That would have been horrible to lose, you would forever have lost the dual head plug thing!

Thanks for the fun, we've got to keep going up the stairway to heaven. People, there were bowls of candy on the tables. Bowls! Chocolate kisses paired quite nicely with my pale ale.

Hang on to that bag, lady!

Jacquie

junk bag lady in Central PA said...

I think that you have one impressive purse for a bag lady and I would have been happy to have had it appear in my shopping cart. (tissues, tampon AND a camera...what more does a woman need??)

I once left my purse in a cart at the DE beach and was also THRILLED to have it back, but contents was certainly not as organized or necessary as yours.